About usDiscover who we are
St Andrew’s is a place of refreshment for many people – those who come on Sunday or call in during the week for a quiet space in their busy day. In different ways it is a soul space for many.
Is to create a lively, open Christian faith community, to identify a spirituality which ‘works’ in the 21st century, to act for a just and peaceful world.
We want to be catalysts for discovery, compassion and celebration in the capital
We anchor our activities on
- Sunday Gatherings for worship: the centre of our community life.
- Hospitality: we offer hospitality through people-focused activities and buildings with a welcoming ethos.
- Partnership: we act as bridge-builders with the community, government and academia; we are a meeting place for furthering justice and peace.
- Progressive theology: we are a community which encourages theological reflection that is intellectually engaging and spiritually nourishing.
We place high value on
- Openness: we are inclusive.
- Exploration: we encourage journeys of discovery, spiritual and otherwise.
- Justice and peace: we strive for social justice.
- Integrity of creation: we respect the whole of creation.
- Stewardship: we nurture and care for our human, spiritual and physical resources.
Join us on Sunday
The St Andrew’s community gathers every Sunday at 10.00am.